To make Manipur, one of the top start-up destinations in the North East by providing the most enabling ecosystems to support and nurture start-up entrepreneurship in the State.
- To strengthen the start-up culture in the State by fostering greater social acceptance and recognition of promising start-ups, through strategic investment, policy interventions and such other programmes.
- Encourage and inspire the youth of Manipur to actively consider entrepreneurship as a career choice by including appropriate learning modules, developing relevant entrepreneurship development programs in vocational institutions, and supporting outreach programs, interactions with entrepreneurs, e-cells and entrepreneurship development centres across educational institutions in the State.
- To support and strengthen existing business incubators & accelerators in the State.
- To encourage setting up new business incubators in the State in collaboration with private sector.
- To continuously provide enabling mechanisms to start-ups, through training and skill development, capacity building, networking, access to knowledge & support services, etc.
- To implement a supportive regulatory framework that enables hassle-free and time bound statutory clearances for all start-ups.
- To provide appropriate infrastructural support required to enable start-ups to set up and grow rapidly.
- To create a platform for accessing multiple avenues that provide financial support to start-ups in Manipur, like grants, bank loans, fiscal incentives, etc.
- To create enabling environment and supporting eco-system that facilitates 1000 start-ups in next five years.
- Growth of start-ups would be largely sector-agnostic, it would be appropriate to give added focus to areas particularly suitable for Manipur :-
- Entrepreneurship initiatives that enable sustainable and inclusive socio-economic development across the whole State.
- Entrepreneurship development activities that leverage the natural resources, human skills and other strength areas of the State.
- Innovative ideas, new business domains and sectors that have high future growth potential would be encouraged.
- Particular encouragement to sectors and capabilities that can catalyze growth across multiple industries, or can have a multiplier effect.